Location: Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU)
Parking: Fitch St. Garage and Lot #1, 525 Fitch Street
The second training session of our 2020 program year will focus again on small-group training. You will have the opportunity to select which sessions you will attend, allowing you to customize your training and develop the skills that you feel you need.
In total, you will take three (3) classes, and each breakout session will last 60 minutes. All new coaches who did not attend the October training must take “Odyssey 101.” Aside from this, you have the choice as to which classes you will attend. In selecting your workshops, consider what skills you need to help make your team as successful as possible.
Breakout Session Options: (Details here)
- Odyssey 101 (Mandatory for NEW coaches who did not attend the October training)
- Coaching VERBAL Spontaneous
- Coaching HANDS-ON Spontaneous
- It’s All About Style
- Think Like a Judge
- There’s No “I” in Team
- Experienced Coach Panel
Schedule for the day:
8:00am-8:30am Sign-in and breakfast
Option A: For new coaches who did not attend the October training
- 8:30am-10:00am – Odyssey 101
- 10:05am-11:05am Breakout session 2
- 11:10am-12:10pm Breakout session 3
- 12:15pm-12:45pm Meet with problem captains**
Option B: All other coaches
- 8:30am-8:55am – Opening session: Welcome and reminders
- 9:00am-10:00am – Breakout session 1
- 10:05am-11:05am – Breakout session 2
- 11:10am-12:10pm – Breakout session 3
- 12:15pm-12:45pm – Meet with problem captains**
**Important note for all coaches: We will NOT read through/discuss the problem. The purpose of this meeting is to answer any questions from the day, discuss what to expect the day of the tournament, etc.
If you are an experienced coach, we hope that you will attend! Not only will your participation enrich the training experience for the newer coaches, but we also feel that this training method will help you learn skills that can make your team(s) even more successful!
Last updated: 11/29/2019