CT Curriculum Standards
CT Odyssey of the Mind teaches students skills that they need to be successful today and in the future.
- Think and work creatively and solve problems using sound judgment and decisions
- Reason effectively and utilize systems thinking
- Communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with others
- Establish a timeline and framework to follow when executing their solution
Participants learn about Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math and have FUN in the process.
The CTOM program supports the principles of Mastery-Based Learning and aligns with the Connecticut State Department of Education guidelines for:
- Next Generation Science Standards approach to learning for K-12.
- College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for K-12 in speaking and learning.
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in English Language Arts and Mathematics
- Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information from multiple sources.
- Define a problem, develop models and evaluate plausible solutions.
- Analyze, compute and interpret data.
In addition, Odyssey has been used successfully in Connecticut districts to create an interactive learning environment that supplements classroom curriculum. Odyssey can also be integrated into a school’s Gifted and Talented program.
The following links provide a deeper look into curriculum standards:
Next Generation Science Standards
English Language Arts Standards