This page is for Problem 4 teams only
Prop Drop, General parking, Parking Instructions – All Divisions:
Special instructions below:
- Please report to weigh-in at least 60 minutes before your scheduled long term competition time. It is recommended that you report to weigh-in as soon as possible after you arrive at the tournament.
- Review the Program Guide to ensure that your membership sign contains all required information.
- Please provide at least 4 copies of your Style Form.
- See section G.g of the problem. Please contact the Problem Captain by March 14th via email if you believe that your team’s structure is likely to hold more than 400 lbs.
- Remember to bring “representative sticks” from each set as required by section B.10.d. and general clarification #3. Weigh-in judges will inspect the duplicate set pieces.
- Remember to mark set pieces as instructed in section B.11.b. Weigh-in judges will check for proper markings.
- When completing the style sheets, item #1 must be “costume worn by a team member who is testing the structure.” Please specify which person/costume is to be scored. Item #2 must be “original use of color in the other creation.” Item #5 must be “overall effect of the four Style elements in the performance.” Items #3 and #4 are free choice items, but cannot be elements that are scored in other Long Term or Style scoring categories.
- Long Term will take place in a classroom. Teams should be prepared to bring all of their performance items through a standard door.
- Due to space limitations, items may be brought to Prop Drop no more than 3 hours in advance of a team’s Long Term performance time and must be removed from the building immediately after the team’s performance. The performance site (Engleman D125) is conveniently located next to a door that leads straight outside.
Animal House : Procedure for Testing
– Walter Barletta, Assistant International Problem Captain
The team must bring its structure and glue (if used) along with only ONE duplicate balsa stick for each of the “Sets” it selected from B10a and used to build its structure (B10d & clarification #3 12-02-16). These pieces represent the sets used to qualify for score as
described in B10c.
During weigh-in a team member will pick up the structure, rotate it, and place it upside down to verify that it is a single interconnected structure (A. The Problem, B6a and J: The Glossary). The team may choose the point at which the structure is picked up, but weigh-in officials might require the team to pick it up at different points, then rotate it and place it upside down to confirm it is one single interconnected structure.
If, after completing weigh-in inspections of all structure measurements per the limitations of the problem, and allowing any corrections under C4, there is one or more columns that contains a SET piece that is not accessible and cannot be verified for length, the team will use a highlighter (provided by judges) to mark as close to its top and bottom as possible.
Remember that all structures will be returned to the weigh-in judges and that limitations under B9 will be verified.
During staging the team will…only review… with the judge the items for the two objects they will attempt to assemble DURING THE PERFORMANCE (B20a-c).
The team my hold the structure while positioning and placing (including releasing) the Crusher Board (C9). The structure cannot be held when the process of placing the 1st (metal) weight onto the Crusher Board has begun. This is determined the 1st (metal) weight breaks the horizontal plane of the top of the safety pipe.
All Style judges will position themselves to observe all portions of the teams’ performance and to score D2-4.
ADULT ASSISTANCE Div I & II only (B15):
If the team chooses to use an adult assistant, that adult must only help a team member (or members), to lift, or carry, or place, or any combination of those actions, weight sizes appropriate to that division, provided that the weight selected was clearly done so solely by the team. A team member (or members) must complete all aspects of weight placement from selecting the weight, picking it up, moving it to the tester, and placing it onto the weight stack. The adult assistant is only allowed to help at any or all of the phases after weight selection.
State Tournament Information: This document is not intended to replace the State Tournament Information page! Please read.
CHECK BACK: Keep an eye on this page up until the day before competition- it will be update with any important communications for your team related to problem 4.