This page is for Problem 4 teams only
This page last updated: 3/9/2018
Special instructions below:
- Team Intro Form – Complete and bring to competition
- Please report to weigh-in at least 60 minutes before your scheduled long term competition time. It is recommended that you report to weigh-in as soon as possible after you arrive at the tournament.
- Review the Program Guide to ensure that your membership sign contains all required information.
- Please provide at least 4 copies of your Style Form.
- See section G.g of the problem. Please contact the Problem Captain by March 10th via email if you believe that your team’s structure is likely to hold more than 400 lbs.
- When completing the style sheets, item #1 must be “The creativity of the artistic design of the membership sign.” Item #2 must be “Creativity of the method used to change the appearance of a team member’s costume.” Item #5 must be “overall effect of the four Style elements in the performance.” Items #3 and #4 are free choice items, but cannot be elements that are scored in other Long Term or Style scoring categories.
- Please review section B.10 of the problem and ensure that the team understands the proper order for the animal “leaving home” and the beginning of weight placement.
- Long Term is sometimes scheduled to take place in a classroom. Teams should be prepared to bring all of their performance items through a standard door.
- Due to space limitations, items may be brought to Prop Drop no more than 3 hours in advance of a team’s Long Term performance time and must be removed from the building immediately after the team’s performance.
Animal House : Procedure for Testing
– Walter Barletta, Assistant International Problem Captain
During weigh-in a team member will pick up the structure, rotate it, and place it upside down to verify that it is a single interconnected structure (A. The Problem, B6a and J: The Glossary). The team may choose the point at which the structure is picked up, but weigh-in officials might require the team to pick it up at different points, then rotate it and place it upside down to confirm it is one single interconnected structure.
ADULT ASSISTANCE Div I & II only (B15):
If the team chooses to use an adult assistant, that adult must only help a team member (or members), to lift, or carry, or place, or any combination of those actions, weight sizes appropriate to that division, provided that the weight selected was clearly done so solely by the team. A team member (or members) must complete all aspects of weight placement from selecting the weight, picking it up, moving it to the tester, and placing it onto the weight stack. The adult assistant is only allowed to help at any or all of the phases after weight selection.
Special parking instructions: This year parking for each problem has mandatory locations. The parking instructions will ensure that traffic is minimized and you have a smooth prop-drop experience . In addition please notify any team spectators of the correct parking locations.
Prop drop – Circular driveway in front of Pelz Gym Main Entrance (GPS 525 Fitch St.)
Audience entrance – Pelz Main Entrance off circular driveway
Parking – Fitch Street Garage and Lot 1 behind Garage (GPS 525 Fitch St.)
State Tournament Information: This document is not intended to replace the State Tournament Information page! Please read.
CHECK BACK: Keep an eye on this page up until the day before competition- it will be update with any important communications for your team related to problem 4.